Included in the top five largest states, Florida has a population of more than 19 million people. The population is very numerous, but it cannot boast of vast territories – the area is 170 300 km2. The state capital is Tallahassee. The largest cities are Jacksonville, Miami, Orlando and many others. On its territory one of the most famous US resorts is located – the city of Miami. Besides this, Florida is famous for many more features and sights.
Holidays in Florida are popular at any time of the year. However, the geographical areas of the State of Florida have their own differences, which it would be advisable and interesting to know when you are planning to visit these places.
Facts about the geography and climate of Florida:
- The state of Florida is located on the peninsula of the same name, the entire territory of which is included in this region.
- It also includes land in the northern United States outside the peninsula and the island of Florida Keys.
- The territory is simultaneously washed by the three largest bodies of water: the Atlantic Ocean, the Gulf of Mexico and the Straits of Florida.
- The relief is mostly low. There are a few hills.
- Florida’s special geographical location determines its climate. It is mostly humid tropical, in some places it turns into oceanic and into the monsoon.
- The peninsula weather is warm at any time of the year, which is why the state of Florida is popular not only as a summer resort, but also as a winter resort.
- The average July temperature is 26-28 ° C (it rises to a maximum of 38 ° C). However, tornadoes are possible in summer and autumn, so winter and spring periods are safer, though not so hot.
What is winter in Florida?
The weather is a factor that plays a big role in choosing a vacation spot. Favorable weather brings many visitors to the State of Florida not only in summer but also in winter. The thing is that in the cold season, the State of Florida, according to weather forecasters, is one of the warmest places in the US: not without purpose, the State of Florida is called the “sunny US state.”
Florida’s winter features:
- On average, winter temperatures in Florida average between 18 ° – 21 ° C.
- The so-called “rainy season” is recorded in this region from late July to November.
- When traveling by car in this state in winter, we advise you not to forget the umbrella, raincoats and rubber boots. When hiring Jeep Wrangler rental Fort Lauderdale airport, all your belongings will be comfortably placed in the roomy trunk of these cars.
- Winter in Florida, especially in the West Palm Beach area, is warm, green and dry. Lawns along the boulevard, which are watered 2 times a day, are green and beautiful all year round. However, sometimes you can see that not only grass turns yellow, but the palm trees as well.
- Since Florida is stretched from south to north, its winter can vary at the same moment in different parts of the state. One winter in Florida could be dry and cold (6C -12C), while during the other, you can see rains and warm weather. Be prepared to such probability and check the weather forecasts before your trip.
- Most often, throughout December, January and February, the sun is shining brightly and, only occasionally, clouds change the picture of sunny Florida. In January, the brave and courageous even bathe in the pool, but do not enter the ocean. However, the beaches of WPB are full of people. At the end of February, it is often already very hot.
Perhaps, even those, who know a little about America, certainly have heard about the state of Florida. It is not surprising. Holidays in Florida deservedly won great popularity among tourists. It seems that everything has been created here so that any person, who appears on these lands, wants to return here again and again. Winter in Florida is such a time, when you can take a walk, go to the parks, enjoy a barbecue or just enjoy the nature. Winter in Florida worth seeing it.