With the advent of technology and growing awareness about the importance of education, the dynamics of schooling has changed. To keep pace with such changes, it is imperative that the school environment also undergoes modification. Young minds are highly impressionable and if properly molded can produce great result academically. In such a context, xsign.com presents school signage can play a significant role. Signage is not just to convey a message but can carry deep meanings. Signage showing both boy and girl having equal rights can go a long way in ensuring that the young minds grasp the concept of quality at a very tender age.
An educator has to understand that signage is not just pictures used for one-way communication. If used properly, they can double up as teaching tools. Since students would see most of the signage installed at schools regularly, these would double up as silent communicators slowly drilling the message into young minds. Every signage needs to unique and creatively designed to connect with the students holistically and comprehensively. It should be clear as to what an educator wants from the school signage. The school signage can be used extensively for the following purposes:
- To convey verbatim information to ensure strict adherence on the part of the students
- Serve as a learning and revising tool. As the message gets repeated in a student’s mind, signage can help in ensconcing the word in the memory of the students.
- Push for creativity and innovativeness. Signage based on their abstract and creative notions can inspire students to come up with their creative ideas in their respective areas of interest. Hence educators could effectively use signage to ensure that students
- To unleash the creativity gets a fillip.
- Teamwork and collaboration. Signage can be used to instil a sense of collaboration and foster teamwork. By putting up signage in classrooms, the kids can be encouraged to develop better social bonds and work as a unit.
Apart from these, the signage can serve the purpose of teaching lessons, depicting the past and develop social harmony. Given the wide variety of usage, educators should keep in mind the following points for a productive school signage.
- Extensive use of pictures
Pictures help to portray a million words and also have a creative appeal. Hence educators should make extensive use of images to ensure that the children for all walks of life can connect with the message and implement the same.
- Use of lights and colours
In a school, the environment should be such which promotes creativity and happiness. The young minds should be encouraged to express themselves. In essence, the role of an educator is to develop an environment where students can share ideas without any hesitation. The use of vivid and light colours in signage plays an essential role in establishing this. For school signage to be effective, the educator must promote the use of bright and vibrant colours to make the signage more appealing to young minds.
- Utilizing animation features
If possible, cartoon characters and other stuff can be used to ensure that kids are hooked to the signage, signage depicting great words from past leaders can also be used to ensure that the children connect with the letter and spirit of the message outlined in the news.
- Updating the signage to make it more interactive
With the advent of revolutionary technologies like artificial intelligence, machine learning, data analytics, it has become possible to come up with digital signage which reflects information after analyzing the behaviour of the participants. Hence, such technologies can be implemented to take feedback indirectly from the students and then design signage to ensure that the students vice is not left out.
- Extract feedback and suggestions
In essence, such signage can be used to serve as a feedback and communication mechanism with the students. They can also be used to design and deliver personalized messages in a more targeted and comprehensive manner. An educator can use this aspect to make the signage more interactive and responsive.
If school and academic institutions are temples of learning, then an educator is the guardian of the temple. Hence the educator should pay extra attention to design the signage strategy given their everlasting impression ion students mind.